When curds from the world-famous Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery are your main ingredient, you can’t go wrong.
Get your Deep Fried Cheese Curds at Cheese Curd Central
Located on Wall Street’s Food Truck Alley, festival attendees can get their fill of both fresh and hand-battered deep-fried curds and gourmet dipping sauces at the festival’s Cheese Curd Central booths! Both Cheese Curd Central booths will be serving up fresh and squeaky cheese curds three ways this year:
- Classic Deep Fried: Hand-dipped in beer batter and fried just like the ones you love at the state fair. Dip them in your favorite sauces from the Dipping Sauce Stations.
- Cinnamon Sugar Dessert Curds: If a cheese curd and a mini donut had a love-child, this would be it. They were invented here and the Cheese Curd Festival is the only place you can get ’em. Don’t miss out–they’re so good, they’re addicting!
- This year’s exclusive flavor – Nacho Supremo! Get ready for a taste explosion that will blow your mind! With flavors that taste like nachos with sour cream & onion, taco, and a slight jalapeno pepper heat, this dish is the ultimate treat for your taste buds. They’ll be dipped in beer batter and deep-fried to perfection and served with sour cream for dipping. You can only get them at the 2023 Cheese Curd Festival – don’t miss out!
We’ve got a great line-up of food trucks again this year! Each vendor will have at least two signature cheese curd items on their menus.
- Smokey Treats BBQ
- Holy Donuts
- Kannel’s In-Hog-Nito!
- Consuming Fire Brick Oven Pizza
- Regal Quesadillas and Philly Cheese
- Jakarta Café – Rolled Ice Cream
- The Hungry Badger
- Egg Roll Queen
- Royal Kettle Corn and Shaved Ice
- Rolling Roaster Gourmet Corn on the Cob
- Leimon’s Pizzeria
- Big Tex Funnel Cakes
- Wok this Way Crisp
- Wild Bill’s Olde Fashioned Soda
- In Yeero Dreams
- Stockwell’s Maple Treats
- Olson’s Corn Dogs and Fritters
Take a look at our 2022 Food Contest winners…
‘Best of the Fest’ went to Smokey Treats BBQ with their poutine! The fries, the pork, the gravy, the curds…everything was right on the mark. And ‘Experts’ Pick’ went to Chef Shack Bay City, WI with their Sonoran-inspired Smoked Pork Taco, handmade salsa, and cheese curd fonduta. The flavors all worked so well together!
When you’re gettin’ your curds on, you’ve got to have an ice cold something in the other hand! Festival guests will find a variety of perfectly chilled beverage options at the Festival bars. From wine and beer to soda and hard ciders, you’ll find the perfect beverage to compliment all the amazing cheese curd dishes and Sconnie BBQ along Food Truck Alley.
You’ll find a festival bar among the professional food vendors on Wall Street’s Food Truck Alley. Another festival bar is located within the park grounds under the pavilions, conveniently located near our point musical stage.
In addition to a selection of domestic beer, sodas, and bottled water, wine, hard cider, and craft beer are among the beverage options available at the festival this year!
Featured Craft Brews: A variety of regional craft beers will be available!
- New Glarus Spotted Cow
- New Glarus Totally Naked
- Hop N Barrel Lemon Breaker Shandy
- Lift Bridge Mango Blonde
- Earth Rider Tap Shack
- Central Water False Springs
- Brewing Projekt Gunpowder
Featured Wine: Wisconsin’s own Wollersheim from Prairie du Sac, is the oldest winery in the state. Choose from two of their award winners in mini bottles:
- White: Prairie Fumé – American Seyval Semi-Dry Wine, so refreshing for an afternoon of music in the park.
- Red: Prairie Sunburst Red – Wisconsin Marechal Foch Dry Red Wine, pairs deliciously with woodfired pizza and other popular festival foods.
Featured Hard Cider: Maiden Rock Honeycrisp Hard Cider made right in our own backyard in Maiden Rock, WI. It’s a natural semi-dry hard apple cider. Like the apple that is its namesake, Honeycrisp Hard is distinctive, snappy, and sassy.
Don’t forget about the Corks & Kegs Tasting Experience! This popular event is a happy hour like no other. Your ticket grants you entrance to unlimited sampling and light appetizers during the events. Tickets can be purchased online.