When curds from the world-famous Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery are your main ingredient, you can’t go wrong.
Get your Deep Fried Cheese Curds at Cheese Curd Central
Located on Wall Street’s Food Truck Alley, festival attendees can get their fill of both fresh and hand-battered deep-fried curds and gourmet dipping sauces at the festival’s Cheese Curd Central booths! Both Cheese Curd Central booths will be serving up fresh and squeaky cheese curds three ways this year:
- Classic Deep Fried: Hand-dipped in beer batter and fried just like the ones you love at the state fair. Dip them in your favorite sauces from the Dipping Sauce Stations.
- Cinnamon Sugar Dessert Curds: If a cheese curd and a mini donut had a love-child, this would be it. They were invented here and the Cheese Curd Festival is the only place you can get ’em. Don’t miss out–they’re so good, they’re addicting!
- This year’s exclusive flavor is…Pizza! America’s favorite food and everybody’s favorite squeaky white morsels – it’s a true match made in heaven! They’ll be dipped in beer batter and deep-fried to perfection. Served with marinara!
We’ve got a great line-up of food trucks again this year! Each vendor will have at least two signature cheese curd items on their menus.
- The Hungry Badger
- Holy Donuts
- Tastee Treatz
- Smokey Treats BBQ
- The Big Cheese
- Regal Quesadillas and Philly Cheese
- The Original Minneapple Pie
- Kannel’s In-Hog-Nito!
- Que Viet Egg Rolls
- Royal Kettle Corn
- Rolling Roaster – Gourmet Corn on the Cob
- MSP Pretzel
- Chef Shack
- Leimon’s Pizzeria
- Consuming Fire Brick Oven Pizza
- Wok this Way Crisp
- Wild Bill’s Olde Fashioned Soda
- Tastee Treatz Cotton Candy
- Stockwell’s Maple Treats
- Jakarta Café – Rolled Ice Cream
Take a look at our 2019 Food Contest winners…
The 2019 “Festival Favorite” from Minneapple Pie, the ‘Apple Trap Pie’. An individual hand-made deep fried apple pie topped with Ellsworth Cheese Curds and their homemade apple syrup. And “People’s Choice”, Holy Donuts, with their Breakfast Donut (donut covered in sweet maple syrup and topped with squeaky curds and crumbly bacon.) They also served up a Strawberry Cheesecake Donut and a Chocolate Cheesecake Donut…that were both equally delicious!
When you’re gettin’ your curds on, you’ve got to have an ice cold something in the other hand! Festival guests will find a variety of perfectly chilled beverage options at the Festival bars. From wine and beer to soda and hard ciders, you’ll find the perfect beverage to compliment all the amazing cheese curd dishes and Sconnie BBQ along Food Truck Alley.
You’ll find the find a festival bar among the professional food vendors on Wall Streeet’s Food Truck Alley. Two festival bars are located within the park grounds under the pavilions, conveniently located near our main musical stages.
In addition to a selection of domestic beer, sodas, and bottled water, wine, hard cider, and craft beer are among the beverage options available at the festival this year!
Featured Craft Brews: A variety of regional craft beers will be available!
- New Glarus Spotted Cow
- New Glarus Moon Man
- Warpigs Foggy Geezer IPA
- Brewing Projekt Gunpowder
- Hop N Barrel Lemon Breaker Shandy
- Swinging Bridge Trust Issues
- Earth Rider Tap Shack
Featured Wine: Wisconsin’s own Wollersheim from Prairie du Sac, is the oldest winery in the state. Choose from two of their award winners in mini bottles:
- White: Prairie Fumé – American Seyval Semi-Dry Wine, so refreshing for an afternoon of music in the park.
- Red: Prairie Sunburst Red – Wisconsin Marechal Foch Dry Red Wine, pairs deliciously with woodfired pizza and other popular festival foods.
Featured Hard Cider: Maiden Rock Honeycrisp Hard Cider made right in our own backyard in Maiden Rock, WI. It’s a natural semi-dry hard apple cider. Like the apple that is its namesake, Honeycrisp Hard is distinctive, snappy and sassy.
Don’t forget about the Corks & Kegs Tasting Experience! This popular event is a happy hour like no other. Your ticket grants you entrance to unlimited sampling and light appetizers during the events. Tickets can be purchased online.